Photobucket

2.11.2013

Addi's 2nd Birthday

We had Addi's birthday party a couple of weeks ago.  I was so amazed with how smoothly it went. We had over 30 people at our house so it was a little crowded.  That didn't stop our fun at all.  The kids spent most of the party downstairs playing on the wii or with the toys.  Everyone had a great time and Addi loved all of the attention. 

When it came time to plan her party I went searching for invitations and found the perfect one at Tiny Prints.   Addi has always loved Blue's Clues so I knew at once that we were having a Blue party. 

A couple of weeks before her party I started making the pieces to her cake.  I made most of the characters from the show and she was so excited.  I made: Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, Paprika, Side Table Drawer, Slippery Soap, Tickety Tock, Mailbox, Pail, Shovel, Steve in the thinking chair, and of course Blue.  Both of the girls wanted me to make more and look at them everyday.  Here's her cake all finished. 
I'm very proud of that cake and was a little sad that we had to eat it.  Seeing Addi's face light up when she saw it for the first time was worth it. 

Now decorating our house was easy.  My sister and I made some blue tissue balls to hang up throughout the house.  I even had a great idea to put some on the ceiling in the shape of a paw print, or a "Clue".  Goodies for the kids: I made little "handy dandy notebooks", crayons, play doh, fruit snacks and slinkies with paw prints on them.




On her actual birthday we took Addi out for a date night.  First we went to a build a bear like store where she picked out every single stuffed animal and finally decided on a turtle.  She was a little afraid of the stuffing process and refused to help push the pedal but she watched the lady stuff her new turtle. We took her to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner it was our first time there.  Addi enjoyed her dinner and even got a special ice cream treat when she finished. 



I still can't believe that she's 2 years old.  I'm excited to see what this year brings and to see her grow and develop. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...