Photobucket

11.01.2011

Mom's shouldn't get sick!

This weekend didn't go as planned. Then again it's life I should know better.
Jay was off for two days in a row, which rarely happens. So I planned: to carve our pumpkins on Sunday, get our next family craft ready, pick up around the house since my sister came for a visit, catch up on laundry.
That didn't happen at all. I ended up getting very sick and had zero energy. In the back of my head I was worried what my sister would think when she saw the shape my house was in when she got her. I can't believe my concern was how messy my house was when I could barely sit up or even walk from point a to point b without getting dizzy. Thankfully Jay was home to take care of the girls. I can't imagine what would have happened if he was at work.  Well he ended up getting called into work and thankfully his parents were able to take the girls until my sister got here.   By the time my sister got here I was able to unlock the door taking baby steps to get back to bed only to get back up to help my in-laws get the girls ready for bed.  My sister got here just in time to help get Emma in bed and to relieve the tired grandparents.  Heck she even helped get me to bed and made sure I had plenty of water by me in case I woke up and needed something to drink.   I felt like death and am so grateful to have my family here and willing to take care of me!
Finally, I was feeling better but still not 100% and was still feeling very sluggish on Monday.  It took me probably 20 minutes to take a basket of clothes downstairs and in the washer because I had to pause to regain energy.  I kept telling myself to take it easy because I HAD to have enough energy to take my girls trick-or-treating.   I had to sit out of carving pumpkins, so sorry no pictures of family carving.  Jay was great, he carved two of our pumpkins before he went to work.  Well being a bum all day paid off, I had enough energy to get out of the house.  My sister, the girls and I went to our grandparents house and spent time with them for a little bit.  Then we were off to go trick-or-treating with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and their kids.  By the end of the night I was dead tired and ready for bed!  Thank goodness Addi was on the same page and let me go to bed at a decent time. 
When I woke up this morning I was never so excited to have a cup of coffee.  Granted I maybe had 5 sips since I still needed to take it easy.  We spent our day hanging out with my sister and soaking up our time with her.  I contemplated kidnapping her but I knew I had to let her go home.  At least she'll be back at the end of the month for Thanksgiving!  I hope that tomorrow I'll feel more like myself again and get my house back in order.   I may even do the last day of my 30 day photo challenge (I know you didn't want to see me sick so I spared you a self-portrait on Sunday). 

I hope you all had a great weekend and a wonderful Halloween.
My sister, Emma, and I
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...