Photobucket

2.28.2012

This week has just begun.

This was me last night


Lately Emma has refused staying in bed at night.  She'll get up about 10 times needing a hug, to go to the bathroom, kisses, drink of water, etc.  The only one we give into is the potty.  Last night she wasn't tired or was overly tired and didn't fall asleep until 11 and then woke up about 3 hours later.  I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to her trying to climb up to join me.  So I get up and put her back to bed for the night, or so I thought.  She came out 2 minutes later saying she was hungry.  I let her have a snack because she was complaining about being hungry earlier in the night and I just wanted her to go to sleep and stay asleep.  So she ate part of her snack and drank her milk.  At this point is was 3 and hubby had just gotten home from work.  He and I were so tired but not Emma, she wanted to stay up.  We put her back to bed and sure enough 10 minutes later she was up.  At that point I gave in and told her to go in our bed and sleep.  FINALLY she slept and woke up a little before 10 this morning.  So today she will not have a nap in hopes of her going right to bed.  From now on we'll be reducing her naps.  I'd give up on naps all together if I thought she didn't need them anymore. 

Here's hoping tonight goes better and I can have a moment to myself. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...