Photobucket

12.09.2011

Friday!

Wow, in just two weeks it's Christmas Eve.  I seriously can't believe that 2011 is almost over.  I decided to end the year with potty training Emma!
I've been trying throughout the year and each time I stopped because I was getting frustrated because she was interested in the potty but could care less about using it.  So I had to stop forcing her to try to potty until I knew she was ready.  I've noticed that she was starting to take interest in others going to the bathroom and wanting to be in there with them.  I had to rip the band aid off and just do it! 

I put the potty chair in the living room since that where we spend most of our time.  I've been trying to bring it with us if we go to a new room.  She loves her PC and so do I.  It sings when she pees so I know when she goes and so does she.  We both get super excited when we hear the music. 

We started yesterday and so far we've only had 3 accidents.  At first she kept asking me to put her diaper back on, I kept telling her no unless she was going to go to bed.  I had to come up with some way to keep her interested in using the potty.  We made a potty chart, thanks for the idea of one of my friends, and have a grab basket for when she goes potty 5x, again thanks to the same friend for the great idea!
I am not that artistic but I tried to make it pretty and Emma helped by coloring it. 
As you can see she's doing really well. Since taking this picture she is now on the 3rd row!  I am so proud of her.  Once the sheet is filled she will be getting brand new princess undies!  I told her she can pick them out and she is so excited to get them.  We went to Target to get her some goodies for the grab basket.  We found some great things including: a tiara, necklace, bracelet, coloring books, sticker book, and a yo-yo just to name a few.  The best thing was that they were all a dollar each!


I think she really likes going potty like a big girl :)



Addi likes helping in the bathroom too!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...